This fabric has a tow size of 12k and is woven in a plain weave. Thickness .008″. Made with Toray T-700 Fiber.
Hexcel part number 48192
This material is available in 38″ and 50″ widths.
PrimeTex® is a range of carbon fabrics which have been processed for a smooth, closed weave and uniform cosmetic appearance. The fiber tows are spread in both the warp and weft direction for unique aesthetic appeal. PrimeTex® fabrics are more uniform as the filaments in each tow are spread out creating a thinner and more closely woven fabric that provides better mechanicals and less porosity in a composite. It can also be used to lower the mass in a composite where lighter weight is the key characteristic.
- Patented technology with fibers spread in both the warp and weft direction
- PrimeTex® spreading process improves closure factor compared to conventional weaving process (depending on carbon tow and Fabric Areal Weight)
- Use of higher K tow for a given Fabric Areal Weight (FAW)
- Weight saving: Up to 20% at affordable cost when replacing HS3K by IM12K
- Uniform weave and gap-free structure: porosity reduced / less labor for part finishing
- Excellent water tightness when used in honeycomb sandwich structures
- Laminate mechanical properties maintained after spreading process with reduced variability thanks to homogenous resin/fiber distribution
- Aircraft and helicopter sandwich structures and thin monolithic parts
- UAV/Light Aircraft market targeted by cost to weight
- Automotive structures (e.g. BMW roof)
- Sports equipment (e.g. skis)
Primetex Technology Information
To harden the raw fabric into a usable form, you will need the appropriate resin or epoxy for your project.
This roll is sold by the linear yard. The unit price displayed is for 1 linear yard, all volume discounts will be automatically applied when selecting larger quantities of fabric when added to your shopping cart, as indicated in the table above with quantity discount ranges for units purchased.
There are no reviews yet.