Sulfur-free, low odor, lightweight industrial design clay
Description: The same high level of quality expected from Chavant is incorporated into this new formula. Y2 Klay offers the consistency, adhesion, cohesion and surface development characteristics found in Chavant clays since 1892.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: 30-40%
- SULFUR FREE: Reduces potential corrosion
- LOW ODOR: Improves working environment.
- EXCELLENT FOR MILLING: Clay fragments do not stick to the milling bits.
- RESISTANT TO SHRINKING AND CRACKING: Saves time repairing models and stabilizes surface area.
- Workable at 135 °F (57 °C): Faster heating and a more comfortable working range.
Billet (cylinder block) Size: 1-3/4 lb.
Approximate Billet Dimensions: 2-1/2" diameter x 10" long
Density: 1.05 - 1.08 gm/ml (water = 1.00 gm/ml)
Hardness: Firm (35 +/- 3 on internal Chavant scale)
Recommended temperature: 135° F (57° C)