Our 15LB density foam is almost like a rock. You would need a hammer to make a dent in it. Recommended for your projects that need the absolute highest strength possible.
- This two-part liquid, expanding rigid urethane foam is a closed cell, pourable foam, which will resist the absorption of water.
- The densities shown refer to the weight per cubic foot of expanded foam (12" x 12" x 12").
- Once fully cured this foam can be laminated over with any type of polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester resin without melting.
- This product can be poured in multiple layers with excellent bonding between layers.
- All expansion rates and times given are temperature critical. Temperatures below 75° F will lower the expansion rate therefore requiring more foam. Ideal working temperature is 75° to 80° F or above.
- Accurate measuring of these products is extremely critical.
- Working time before foaming: approx. 45 seconds
- Time before full expansion: approx. 5 minutes
- The lightweight foam is commonly used for filling voids, filling under decks and practically any other flotation or insulation application. Higher densities are used for architectural castings, support applications and has virtually an unlimited number of potential uses.
Kit sizes are listed by the size of the containers they are packaged in, not the volume of the contents.
Volume before mixing. 1/2 Gallon Kit = Approx 1.7 Quarts. 2 Gallon kit = Approx 1.8 Gallons. 8 Gallon kit = Approx 7.7 Gallons
Volume after mixing. 1/2 Gallon Kit = Approx 1/4 Cubic Feet. 2 Gallon kit = Approx 1 Cubic Feet. 8 Gallon kit = Approx 4 Cubic Feet
- Free Rise Density: 15.0 Lbs per cubic ft
- Expansion Rate: Approx 4x Liquid Volume
- Buoyancy (flotation) 45 Lbs per cubic Ft.
- Parallel Compressive Strength: 580 psi
- Tensile Strength: 450 psi
- Shear Strength: 230 psi
- Flexural Strength: 750 psi