This fabric has a width of 50″, tow size of 3k and is woven in a 2×2 twill weave. This is the most widely used weave pattern across multiple industries. This material is woven tighter than most of our competitors’ fabrics. This will help ensure a straight weave and a better looking final product.
This Axiom AX-5204 variable temperature curing epoxy carbon prepreg is designed to achieve high clarity along with UV stability using vacuum bag oven or autoclave cure cycles. The prepreg system is ideal for multi-ply laminates requiring an extra high quality cosmetic surface and also subject to degradation from ultraviolet light. Parts built with this product are protected against the long-term degradation effects from UV as well as resistance to water and common industrial fluids.
The service temperature envelope for this product is -67°(-55°C) to 250°F (121°C).
- UV stable and resistant parts
- High clarity, void-free, smooth surface
- High toughness / strength composite laminates – vacuum bag
- Automotive parts and components with a “show-room” surface
- Aerospace parts & components with no fill and fair required
High surface quality sporting goods
Recommended Cure Cycles
Optimum properties are achieved with the following cycles (based on part temperature):
Apply vacuum pressure >22 in. Hg or desired autoclave pressure and cure according to one of the following cycles:
- 8 hours at 180°F (82°C)
- 2 hours at 225°F (107°C)
- 45 minutes at 250°F (121°C)
- Temperature heat up and cool down under pressure is recommended. Suggested ramp rate is 2-5°F / minute.
- This prepreg is vacuum-bag, platen press, and autoclave compatible.
- For a 225°F (107°C) cure the service temperature envelope is -67°F (-55°C) to 250°F (121°C).
- Shelf life is 6 months from date of shipment when stored at 40°F (4°C) or below.
- Working life is 14 days at ambient temperatures (75°F).
Handling & Safety Instructions
- Store prepreg suspended horizontally to avoid flat spots and thinning under the weight of the roll.
- Allow product sufficient time (4-6 hours) to reach ambient temperatures after removal from cold storage to prevent condensation on the adhesive surface.
- Use the appropriate safety equipment for this product.
Shipping: This material should be shipped expedited airmail. Due to a short shelf life at room temp we suggest shipping this material via an expedited service such as UPS Overnight, 2-day or 3-day. These are guaranteed services. If these are chosen, we will ship the materials in the beginning of the week to ensure they do not sit in the shipping company warehouse over the weekend. We send the material with insulation and icepacks. It is suggested that you ship with 2-day airmail at a minimum. If you plan to use material within days of arrival or are OK with loosing days of shelf life, you can select any shipping method you would like, however if our minimum suggested shipping method is not chosen, we will not be held responsible for issues with material.
There are no reviews yet.