This fabric has a width of 50″, tow size of 12k and is woven in a 2×2 Twill. Thickness .008″. Made with Toray T-700 Fiber.
Hexcel part number 48194.
PrimeTex® is a range of carbon fabrics which have been processed for a smooth, closed weave and uniform cosmetic appearance. The fiber tows are spread in both the warp and weft direction for unique aesthetic appeal. PrimeTex® fabrics are more uniform as the filaments in each tow are spread out creating a thinner and more closely woven fabric that provides better mechanicals and less porosity in a composite. It can also be used to lower the mass in a composite where lighter weight is the key characteristic.
- Patented technology with fibers spread in both the warp and weft direction
- PrimeTex® spreading process improves closure factor compared to conventional weaving process (depending on carbon tow and Fabric Areal Weight)
- Use of higher K tow for a given Fabric Areal Weight (FAW)
- Weight saving: Up to 20% at affordable cost when replacing HS3K by IM12K
- Uniform weave and gap-free structure: porosity reduced / less labor for part finishing
- Excellent water tightness when used in honeycomb sandwich structures
- Laminate mechanical properties maintained after spreading process with reduced variability thanks to homogenous resin/fiber distribution
- Aircraft and helicopter sandwich structures and thin monolithic parts
- UAV/Light Aircraft market targeted by cost to weight
- Automotive structures (e.g. BMW roof)
- Sports equipment (e.g. skis)
To harden the raw fabric into a usable form, you will need the appropriate resin or epoxy for your project.
|Pics Per Inch|
|Resin Consumption @ 45% Resin to Fabric by Weight|
|Unit of Measure|
|Yarn Size Warp|
|Yarn Size Weft|
|Ends Per Inch||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.