End Grain Balsa Panels Kiln Dried
BALKORE EG is an industrial structural material produced with kiln dried balsa wood planks glued into blocks and then cross cut sliced into panels of the desired thickness.
This material is available in .25″ and .5″ thicknesses.
The end grain configuration and the honeycomb cell structure of Balsa wood gives to this material a unique and strong bond to most resins and materials used by the composite materials industry. The resulting sandwich structures have very high ratios of weight to mechanical resistance properties.
The EG panels are compatible with all resins commonly used by the composite industry, has good fire and chemical resistance properties. Depending on the final use, it is available rigid or flexible. To reduce the resin absorption, the product can be coated with a sealant to reduce porosity and improve bond strength.
These panels have been grid scored and a scrim applied to the backing.
– High mechanical resistance properties compared to weight
– Eco-friendly product
– It can be exposed to a broad range of temperatures without affecting its performance or physical structure
– Very good insulating properties
– High impact resistance
– Marine industry, boat hulls and decks
– Wind power, blades, nacell structure, flooring,
– Material handling, pallets, containers
– Sporting goods, long surf boards, snow boards, skis
– Aircraft and railroad coaches, floor, internal partitions, cargo pallets
– Industrial applications, storage tanks, bridge structures,
– Vacuum infusion
– Mold injection
– Molding, hand, spray, compression,
– Compatible to all composite processing methods