Duratec SunShield Clear Polyester Topcoat represents a breakthrough in polyester clear coat technology. The topcoat resists yellowing in sunlight; no sun blocking urethane is required for exterior use. The topcoat provides a high quality finish with good chemical resistance. This product has been specially formulated to be easy to sand and polish.
Catalyst (MEKP) is NOT included with this product but can be purchased separately HERE
Features Here's why you should use Duratec SunShield Clear Polyester Topcoat:
- UV Resistance resists yellowing when exposed to sunlight.
- Application easy to apply and sand.
- Air-cure no wax required.
- Pre-promoted for safety, consistency and easy use.
- High Build up to 18 wet mils, excellent pore filling.
- High Gloss polishes to a high gloss, wet look surface.
- Chemical Resistance highly cross-linked coating provides excellent chemical resistance.
- Strength and Flexibility excellent flexibility and impact resistance.
- Easy to apply
- Easy to finish
- High gloss finish
- Saves a step with only one product application needed, no urethane required.
|TYPICAL PRODUCT PROPERTIES|
|Gel time @77°F, 2% MEKP||20 minutes|
|Viscosity @ 77°F, 20RPM, #2 spindle, Brookfield RVF||450 cps|
|Thixotropic Index (2RPM/20RPM)||minimum 3.0|
|Weight per gallon||8.85 lbs/gal|
|Coverage per gallon, 10mil thickness||110-115ft2|
|Maximum VOC||362 g/l|
|VOC in use||< 232 g/l *1|
Please view the Technical Data Sheet and Application Guide below for information on cure times, application methods and equipment needed to properly use this material.
|Technical Data Sheet and Application Guide||Duratec 904-061 TDS|
|SDS||Duratec 904-061 SDS|
|Duratec Product Line||Duratec Product Line Brochure|
|Duratec Product Selector Guide||Duratec Product Selector Guide|
|Hawkeye Shelf Life Statement||Hawkeye Shelf Life Statement|