A high quality primer for composite marine surfaces. An integral part of the Duratec Marine System.
Catalyst (MEKP) is NOT included with this product but can be purchased separately HERE
- Usage - For one-off and production composite yacht priming, osmosis and blister repairs. Formulated for below waterline, topside and deck applications. For pattern surfacing and mold surfacing.
- Features - Build in protection, add quality and save time with Duratec Vinyl Ester Primer.
- Application - Easily applied with sprayer, roller or brush. Saves time and labor.
- High Build - to 40 mils, 1000 microns, wet on wet, without sagging on vertical surfaces.
- Quick Cure - Catalyze with MEKP Catalyst. Rapid curing; far faster than epoxy resin systems. Primer will be ready to sand in 1-4 hours, depending on thickness and temperature.
- Osmosis and Blister Resistance - Proven performance on more than 2000 boats and yachts over a seven-year period.
- Heat resistance up to 280° F.
- Strength: Vinyl Ester Primer forms a strong film, resisting cracking.
|All time calculations are based on temperatures of 77°F, 25°C|
|Viscosity As measured on a Brookfield Viscometer Model RVF, Spindle #5 at 20 rpm:||2500 - 2800 cps|
|Gel Time Sample based on a 100 g mass catalyzed at 2 percent with mekP:||18-22 min|
|Weight per Gallon||10.83 pounds|
|Coverage per Gallon 10 mil wet film thickness:||100-115 ft2|
|250 micron wet film thickness:||10.2-10.7 m2|
Please view the application guide and technical data sheet below for information on cure times, application methods and equipment needed to properly use this material.
|Technical Data Sheet and Application Guide||Duratec 1702-006 TDS|
|SDS||Duratec 1702-006 SDS|
|Duratec Product Line||Duratec Product Line Brochure|
|Duratec Product Selector Guide||Duratec Product Selector Guide|
|Hawkeye Shelf Life Statement||Hawkeye Shelf Life Statement|