Our 8LB density foam is very rigid. You can compare the density to soft wood. You are able to penetrate the foam by poking your fingernail in it, however you will not dent the foam with your hand.
- This two-part liquid, expanding rigid urethane foam is a closed cell, pourable foam, which will resist the absorption of water.
- The densities shown refer to the weight per cubic foot of expanded foam (12" x 12" x 12").
- Once fully cured this foam can be laminated over with any type of polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester resin without melting.
- This product can be poured in multiple layers with excellent bonding between layers.
- All expansion rates and times given are temperature critical. Temperatures below 75° F will lower the expansion rate therefore requiring more foam. Ideal working temperature is 75° to 80° F or above.
- Accurate measuring of these products is extremely critical.
- Working time before foaming: approx. 45 seconds
- Time before full expansion: approx. 5 minutes
- The lightweight foam is commonly used for filling voids, filling under decks and practically any other flotation or insulation application. Higher densities are used for architectural castings, support applications and has virtually an unlimited number of potential uses.
Volume before mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 1.7 Quarts. 16LB kit = Approx 1.8 Gallons. 80LB kit = Approx 9 Gallons
Volume after mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 1/2 Cubic Feet. 16LB kit = Approx 2 Cubic Feet. 80LB kit = Approx 10 Cubic Feet
- Free Rise Density: 8.0 Lbs per cubic ft
- Expansion Rate: Approx 8x Liquid Volume
- Buoyancy (flotation) 54 Lbs per cubic Ft.
- Parallel Compressive Strength: 250 psi
- Tensile Strength: 225 psi
- Shear Strength: 130 psi
- Flexural Strength: 350 psi
This item is in stock but due to short shelf life, this product may be shipped direct from the manufacturer. This may add 1-3 business days to lead time.
This item is flammable and can only be shipped by ground. If you paid for expedited shipping, we will refund you the the difference for it to be shipped by ground.
Urethane Expanding Foam 8lb Part A & B SDS
Urethane Expanding Foam 8lb TDS