Our 3LB density foam is recommended for carving or sculpting. This foam can also be used for some casting applications but it is suggested to go to our 4LB density foam for this use as it gives better detail. As you increase in density you also increase rigidity and strength, however you add weight and loose workability.
- This two-part liquid, expanding rigid urethane foam is a closed cell, pourable foam, which will resist the absorption of water.
- The densities shown refer to the weight per cubic foot of expanded foam (12" x 12" x 12").
- Once fully cured this foam can be laminated over with any type of polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester resin without melting.
- This product can be poured in multiple layers with excellent bonding between layers.
- All expansion rates and times given are temperature critical. Temperatures below 75° F will lower the expansion rate therefore requiring more foam. Ideal working temperature is 75° to 80° F or above.
- Accurate measuring of these products is extremely critical.
- Working time before foaming: approx. 45 seconds
- Time before full expansion: approx. 5 minutes
- The lightweight foam is commonly used for filling voids, filling under decks and practically any other flotation or insulation application. Higher densities are used for architectural castings, support applications and has virtually an unlimited number of potential uses.
Volume before mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 1.7 Quarts. 16LB kit = Approx 1.8 Gallons. 80LB kit = Approx 9 Gallons
Volume after mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 1.3 Cubic Feet. 16LB kit = Approx 5 Cubic Feet. 80LB kit = Approx 26 Cubic Feet
- Free Rise Density: 3.0 Lbs per cubic ft
- Expansion Rate: Approx 20x Liquid Volume
- Buoyancy (flotation) 59 Lbs per cubic Ft.
- Parallel Compressive Strength: 60 psi
- Tensile Strength: 70 psi
- Shear Strength: 50 psi
- Flexural Strength: 70 psi
This item is in stock but due to short shelf life, this product may be shipped direct from the manufacturer. This may add 1-3 business days to lead time.
This item is flammable and can only be shipped by ground. If you paid for expedited shipping, we will refund you the the difference for it to be shipped by ground.
Urethane Expanding Foam 3lb Part A & B SDS
Urethane Expanding Foam 3lb TDS