Our 2LB density marine foam is recommended for void filling in nonstructural applications. This product can be poured underneath decks and inside cavities where lightweight flotation foam is needed to provide buoyancy. This foam has been tested in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard Regulation # 33 CFR 183.114 . This foam is approximately 95-98% closed cell which resists absorbing water, however continuous water submersion can eventually lead to loss of buoyancy over a period of years. We recommend this product strictly for flotation applications. If looking for a liquid foam for sculpting or casting we recommend using at minimum our 3LB or 4LB density.
- This two-part liquid, expanding rigid urethane foam is a closed cell, pourable foam, which will resist the absorption of water.
- The densities shown refer to the weight per cubic foot of expanded foam (12" x 12" x 12").
- Once fully cured this foam can be laminated over with any type of polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester resin without melting.
- This product can be poured in multiple layers with excellent bonding between layers.
- All expansion rates and times given are temperature critical. Temperatures below 75° F will lower the expansion rate therefore requiring more foam. Ideal working temperature is 75° to 80° F or above.
- Accurate measuring of these products is extremely critical.
- Working time before foaming: approx. 45 seconds
- Time before full expansion: approx. 5 minutes
- The lightweight foam is commonly used for filling voids, filling under decks and practically any other flotation or insulation application. Higher densities are used for architectural castings, support applications and has virtually an unlimited number of potential uses.
Volume before mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 1.7 Quarts. 16LB kit = Approx 1.8 Gallons. 80LB kit = Approx 9 Gallons
Volume after mixing. 4LB Kit = Approx 2 Cubic Feet. 16LB kit = Approx 8 Cubic Feet. 80LB kit = Approx 40 Cubic Feet
- Free Rise Density: 2.0 Lbs per cubic ft
- Expansion Rate: Approx 25-30x Liquid Volume
- Buoyancy (flotation) 60 Lbs per cubic Ft.
- Parallel Compressive Strength: 40 psi
- Tensile Strength: 30 psi
- Shear Strength: 30 psi
- Flexural Strength: 50 psi
This item is in stock but due to short shelf life, this product may be shipped direct from the manufacturer. This may add 1-3 business days to lead time.
This item is flammable and can only be shipped by ground. If you paid for expedited shipping, we will refund you the the difference for it to be shipped by ground.
Urethane Expanding Foam 2lb Part A & B SDS
Urethane Expanding Foam 2lb TDS