An exceptionally easy to-sand primer, that can be polished to a smooth, porosity-free surface.
Catalyst (MEKP) is NOT included with this product but can be purchase separately HERE
Uses: for surfacing patterns for composite molds, and where an easy sanding, high build primer is required.. Apply over tooling board, MDF, brick, concrete, plaster and clay.
- Builds rapidly and provides a surface that sands quickly.
- Use less sandpaper
- Reduce sanding labor
- Easy to spray from HVLP Spray Guns. Low porosity, fine smooth surface.
- Start sanding with a fine grit, reduce dust and film loss.
- Build up to 30 mils.
- Adhesion to most epoxies.
- Heat distortion temperature of 83° C, 180° F
- Not recommended for use on CNC patterns over a low (less than 120° F) HDT tooling putty.
Assure that the work area is at least 60°F, and that the Duratec and the part that will be sprayed are at least 60°F. Compressed air must be free of water. Mix the Duratec EZ Sanding Primer with a paint shaker or drill-mounted mixer. Use a stir stick to scrape the bottom of the container before mixing.
Please view the Technical Data Sheet and Application Guide below for information on cure times, application methods, and equipment needed to properly use this material.
EZ-sanding primer available in the following models 707-061 Lt. Grey, 702-061 Black, 714-061 White